PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of Carb Heat (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2005, 15:15
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahhhh...carb heat...don't got it my Bonanza...but seem to remember arriving back at Narabri in the dark in VH-GIL. To put some context to GIL it was a fast back C150...Gilgandra Aeroclub's first all metal tariner...for you youngters...that's a mid 1950s C150

Well we,...one of my students (I was a 270 hr grade 2 1/2 Instructor...had travelled that morning to...ummm...oh yeah...Coonabarabran, with namoi Aeroclub Pres in his almost as ancient 172, to pick up this piece of crap 150...'cause my student, a Policemen from Mungandi, was thinking about buying said aviation device....well I think we got dropped off at Coooonabarabran at about 0700...that's in the morning...and we fecked off in this Fastback 150 for a days sorta toooling around...ssee if he really wanted the fecking thing...and after tooling around a fairly huge section of SW QLD and NW NSW we arrived back at Narrabri...we had landed on some highway somewhere and filled the tanks at a road side servo...anyway...it ws fairly fecking dark...and winter time..so fairly fecking cold....and the engine stopped on finals so we landed...and pondered why we couldn't taxi...then I thought about carby ice..so we tried to start it and it did...so we taxed in and the CFI...Glen (Opps edit!) was his name....well he sorta shook his head in...dismay maybe?...as we fronted up to the bar for this really big pissup///sorta like tonight really....anyway all was forgiven by dawn 'cause this crop duster topped us with mo visible effeort upon his part...editted....even pished what followed..while true was inappropriate ..somethings best left in the memorybanks

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 6th Jul 2005 at 16:22.