PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ipa or Balpa
Thread: Ipa or Balpa
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2005, 19:29
kowloon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPA

I have to disagree with Flaps one. I'm in a Big Airline and am fed up with BALPA. I've called on BALPA and they have been found wanting. So I had to decide what value I wanted for my money. I need representation (a prisoners friend) if I ever get in the s##t with the management and legal expenses cover if I really c##k up. I have that with the IPF.

To date I have found that if I do my honest best, then the management is reasonable with me. I pay for extra legal insurance cover £250,000. The whole package through the IPF costs me about £23 pm instead of £65pm.

At LGW we are used to getting sweet FA out of BALPA. I get what BALPA negotiate whether I'm a member or not. I'm quite sure the IPF would do an equally good job in BALPA's place so i have no guilt. BALPA try to do good things for aviation but they have forgotton the individuals who pay their fees. So I don't belong anymore.

I think a bit of low cost competition might make people sit up and look around at the alternatives. Now where have I seen that happen before?