PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache - The Scotsman Strikes Again
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2005, 19:22
PoorPongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cobblers...

Disapointing to see the news filled with such utter cobblers.

While it is true that there are some IPT driven issues over spares ordering (under RN management at the time, BTW) AH serviceability from where I sit (frontseat, finger on trigger ) allows 2 cabs out of 8 every day without fail, routinely 4, planned surge to 6 and on blue moons 8. My boss has a standing deal with our techs that whenever they push a full house (serviceable and mission capable) out of the door then he'll buy the beer and has had to pay up several time in 6 months. Anyone who thinks that Army techs can't manage maintaining AH is simply misinformed; this is a slur on the REME that deserves to be rubbished. During Ex ES we deployed 16 aircraft and on 3 missions out of 3 launched all 16 as fragged. Twice all 16 aircraft flew around 6-8 hrs in 24 without one going U/s for long enough to miss a launch time. And all from field locations without facilities.

Servicability rates will inevitably suffer initially at a new location like Wattisham while people become more accustomed to the new aircraft and procedures but what do you expect? As far as I'm concerned the REME are tops and can more than hack supporting AH.