PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £180 for a new Ballgown-wish I hadn't bothered
Old 5th Jul 2005, 11:58
Axel-Flo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking That wasn't the point!

Zoom....It's not a bleat about the food or music or dress standard though regardless of what you pay it doesn't mean any of it should be above criticism. I have been to some superbly organised balls and likewise some that are dreadful just accepting what you're given and being gratefull of whatever it is, if that's what your suggesting, ain't a great way to proceed.

Likewise, I too am happy to look at shorter and shorter skirts and truly well presented-buffed or not- daughters, wives and or girlfriends (as long as Mrs Flo doesn't catch me looking for more than a micro second at a time). However, if you don't want a dress standard don't put one down on the invitation and make it a free for all (not what i would opt for) as I said, when you pass on to your guests and partners the supposed dress code and subsequently find that no action is taken against those who don't conform you kind of feel you have failed to justify to your guests why they felt obliged to make the effort.

It's like watching your stude bong his MDH on the IRT profile and then seeing the examiner pass him anyway. He/she (the stude that is)wants to know why you bothered going on about it so much (not busting MDH ) so much in the training package and pre rides.