PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill test - do I keep my mouth shut?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2005, 10:41
Paul D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I said I'd let you know how my skill test went. I took the test last Tuesday in the evening (was in the air from 1730 - 1930). The conditions were great, although it was very hazy in places. I'm relieved to say I passed and the test ended up being a very positive and enjoyable experience.

I found the comments you all made about chatting, although differing, did ring true during the test. At times, I told my examiner where I was along track so he knew I was aware of the ground features as we passed them and I had to make a heading and ETA adjustment at the halfway point on the first leg, so I told him what adjuatments I was making and why. As we approached the first turning point, it was very hazy indeed and I hadn't flown there before, so I was really uncertain as to whether I was on track. Having nothing positive to say, I decided to keep my mouth shut and wait for the revised ETA. Thankfully the village was under the nose, so I was able to positively identify it once I orbited. After that my confidence grew and the rest of the test went very well.

Now I just need to wait for the caa to oblige with my licence .

Thanks again for all your comments and tips everyone.

Paul.