PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 4th Jul 2005, 13:40
Check 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give us a break MAXALT.

US ATC will do more than curse you under their breath if they think you are messing with them. They'll read the riot act to you on the airwaves and dismiss you to the holding pattern - where you'll sit and sweat, wondering if you should divert now, or pray the nice man will give you another chance. At his leisure.

My credentials you ask? I have been a pilot since 1967, FAA jet ATP with the last 5-1/2 years based in Italy, the previous based in the U.S. Flown into 30+ countries in my humble career.

What you state above is a gross exageration of the facts, and you know it. If you screw up, US ATC may say something to you (remember you screwed up), but they will not maliciously put an aircraft in holding for punishment. This may have occurred at some point, but this would be very rare and inappropriate.

European ATC may also say something to you if you screw up. Certainly that is better than a visit to your Chief Pilot.

Sir, please keep to the facts and minimize the Yank Bashing!