PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206: JetRanger and LongRanger
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2001, 09:06
rotorque

Smile

G'day Lu,

Thanks for that. The bell 206L uses the nodal type system that you described, although it looks complicated when you first open the cowls, it's not that hard to follow the reasons behind the engineering. Your description is pretty good.

I probably answered your question a bit too quick. The boomerang mounts that I was really talking about are the ones on the smaller basic 206. They don't have the 'nodal' system as such. There is literally two mounts that run longtitudinaly supporting the transmission and therefore mast, head etc. They are shaped as a 'boomerang' or a triangle I guess, with the apex attached to the MRGB and the two bases of each triangle attached to the roof of the cabin. The MRGB attachment bearing and lower attachment bearings allow movement from side to side, but not for and aft. The actual movement of the MRG is a form of 'paralelogram' in as far as the MRG will not tilt - just shift position lateraly, so the last question that I asked was just for fun (in a way).

But my question on why there is freedom to move lateraly and not longtitudinaly still stands.

Why is it so?