PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2005, 12:16
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be great if the CC actually had the gumph to turn around and say "this deal sucks and definately don't vote for it guys."
Some of ou still don't get it do you? The CC can make a recommendation of how to vote, sure. But if they come out and say the deal sucks, vote NO, then what happens? They go into negotiations with no position to demand anything, due to there being not enough support for further action!

Don't you see that the only way they can tell you to vote no, force the company into some meaningful negotiation and have any chance of being heard, is through having a high enough membership that says to the company, "we're not happy, we are willing to negotiate (and think of the problems you're gonna have if you refuse). We are recommending to our members to vote NO." That is what they need to force the company's hand.

If the Balpa reps were to say everyone join up, vote no, and then lets get some real negotiations going, then I'd join up straight away.
Really? What's FlapsOne saying here then?
If you want a chance of better conditions, join and give us the teeth.
It takes as many of you as possible to ditch the prejudices, put your money where your mouth is and DEMAND to be heard by your BALPA CC. Demand a meeting, tell them what agenda you have and give them the power to negotiate it for you. THEN judge them on their results.

PP

ps I think my 1% is one of the best investments I have made in aviation. Each year my CC negotiate Ts&Cs that usually far outstrip the 1% I give to their parent body.