PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2005, 10:51
Mr Ree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps 1, "We act on what the majority of the voting members vote for......nothing else." Well, from my view point it appears to always be the other way round. The CC pushed the 5/2/5/4 thing down our throats with all sorts of threats of what bad things would happen if the vote was a no. Not the company nor the pilots. The CC.
It would be great if the CC actually had the gumph to turn around and say "this deal sucks and definately don't vote for it guys." But instead what I always hear from easyJet Balpa is that "you morons better vote for this cos it's the best deal going." If the Balpa reps were to say everyone join up, vote no, and then lets get some real negotiations going, then I'd join up straight away. Thats the toothless tiger part that others mention.
But in the years I've been in easy not once has the CC said the deal sucks. A strong CC = strong membership. At the moment, whether right or wrong, the CC come across as being nothing more than a managment mouthpiece. Thats my point of view, and I don't see the point of returning my salary back to management in the form of Balpa fees.