PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Centralised Engineering At Lyneham
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2005, 19:57
phutbang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Was any one present when the two AVM's walked through the engineering establishment the other day?

I believe that the conversation went something like this...

OBEng ....so when the aircraft come in if they are U/S then they are fixed by FLECS and if there is a large amount of short to medium term maintenance then it is carried out by the Continuity Team.

AVM. What!...in my day as an EngO we used to call that The Line and the other group was called Heavy Rects!...Are you telling me that you have reinvented second line?

OBEng...Er No...The aircraft just come down more U/S and therefore are on the ground for longer.

AVM. So how come they weren't this U/S when you had two lines running?

Apparently the subject was changed at this point due to the transparency of the situation.

The next day there was an overheard office meeting (and this sounds like a bigger U-Turn than a Labour policy).

JEngO. Did the AVM's do a Q&A session in the hangar after the walk round or did they go because they were behind time?

OBEng. No they did a Q&A but the crew room was so packed that they had to turn people away.

JEngO. So what kinds of Q's were asked and what were the responses?

OBEng ...Oh there were many but I think that the AVM's got a fell for the place and will understand that there are many problems here and now this information will go up to the top and something will get done about it.

At this point the conversation stopped. It is not known if it was due to stunned disbelief of not.

So does this mean that now OBEng has orchestrated all this havoc that she does not trust her own convictions and is doing the normal trick of leaving it to the next one in (apparently someone form an IPT, by the end of summer) and walks away with the prestigious gong? - I think I shall follow the footpath labelled PVR - it will be the fastest way to sanity - Good riddance to the Royal Ar5e Farce!!!!