PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growbags on ground-tours?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2005, 15:44
Vim_Fuego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving slightly away from the thread subject but from experience if I was to rock up on a day I was'nt down on the program to fly, wearing my freshly laundered and pressed no.2's, 80% of the time I would be driving back home within the hour to get into flying kit to fill in for the short fall of people at this cold, well to the North airbase.

As most of us had a house (for this base was in an area where you could still afford houses etc) rather than residing in the mess or quarters it could be a substantial drive so for most of the time I was in flying gear and nobody seemed too bothered.

Now I'm in a ground tour well south of this location where I generally wear blues..Don't have a problem with this except I had to take them all to a proper tailor in town so they actually fitted. The extra expence was worth it to not let everyone see my socks all day!

On the wing subject I also worked hard for mine and did hear of the little metal pin-on version that maybe coming our way...I'm proud of what I've acheived and would wear it..Anyone know what happened to the idea??