PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article: Bridging the Bloodshed Gulf
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2005, 02:19
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Sheehan as usual gets it right.

And if you think he is a soft touch, it is clear that you have not been following his writings.

He nails his credentials in so far as commentary on multicultural affairs fairly firmly to the mast in his "Amongst the Barbarians" and he is not referring to our "new" Australians.

I am certainly not an expert in these areas but I would be suprised if their cultural and hospitality traditions have changed much since the 7th Century. It was respected then and dealt with so through the centuries, notwithstanding the odd diversion by the religious fundamentalists on both sides of the Islamic and Christian fence. That fence was not always there and I suspect
tha Christians may well have built it..

Doesn't matter how they got there, they are here, they were smart enough to get the right western management plugged into the London City and other major financial centres.

And if I was Mr Dixon I too would be having nightmares we/Qantas is a big fish in the Oz pond but a minnow elsewhere. Though perhaps I would be concentrating more on bringing the fight on product standard to them rather than hoping that Ozzers will fly QF out of some form of patriotism.

My next door neighbour runs a fleet of limo's, they are flat out picking up/dropping off J class pax from Emirates and Malaysian.

Last time I flew QF J class I had to hump my bax to and from terminal to the taxi rank queue.