PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 19:28
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
terrier

Good to see you back. Thought you had deserted us.

Surprised about Malaga being the clear easyJet European favourite from BRS because CAA stats for 2004 showed it just behind ALC. AGP had 181,037 annual scheduled pax and ALC 184,367. I'm not aware of any of the other carriers on these routes being scheduled operators even though some do sell seat only tickets, so these pax must all be easy's.

GrahamK

CAA stats for 2004 show 241,785 scheduled pax used the BRS-NCL service, and as easyJet is the only carrier it follows they are all their punters.

BRS-EDI carried 325,919 scheduled pax and BRS-GLA 307,771 in 2004 but of course BACx shares these routes with easyJet.

On a general item, whilst in the centre of Bristol today I saw a First Group service bus bearing a large advertisement for Jet2 to Amsterdam. It did not give a UK airport and merely stated something like, "From £9" plus tax/charges, but the last bit spelt out in small lettering.

Which is the nearest UK airport to Bristol that is served by Jet2 to AMS? I would guess LBA or MAN. In which case why advertise the route in Bristol unless......................