PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 15:29
Mr Ree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug the Head, I agree, but with a twist. When I was in Balpa I paid for something and got nothing. Now, I'm happy to pay Balpa nothing and get nothing.
I can't believe you guys openly agreeing that Balpa isn't really any good, consistently fails to deliver (in easyJet) and yet urging everyone to join and give this half baked outfit their hard earned money! For what? For skilled negotiators to act on our behalf? No. The people who do act on our behalf are guys at work who admit with pride that they ain't getting a penny for all their hard work. And they do work hard. Hello??!! Where the heck is the money going then?
After having voted no in all the previous ballots and flying with guys all having voted no and then finding the result to be a yes vote, well, whats the point in me paying money to an outfit that doesn't reflect my views? So like a lot of others at easyJet I quit Balpa and joined another outfit that represents great value for money and so far has been instrumental in improving my working conditions. For a lot less money. And for some strangely politically correct reason it seems that promoting said outfit openly isn't really allowed. Crazy crazy world.