PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How hard do you work?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 13:44
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As someone who is relatively new to the world of commercial aviation in the UK (thanks Danny by the way). I think I have a rather unique perspective of coming from my work background of manual labour jobs....corporate relations....marketing....and plus a few other things besides.
Presently Im flying short/medium haul..(see page 1 of this thread)..and I can honestly tell those who scoff...its bloody hard work!...pilots dont wear as a badge of honour their flying hours, duty time, or indeed time off spent down route.
Perhaps those who scoff should try dodging thunderstorms...dealing with foreign ATC (english not spoken well)...10 working hours spent at 8500ft in 30% humidity....constant delays....grumpy cabin crew....night flights on minimum rest, and thats all I can think of in my presently knackered state.
So far as where this sits on the scale of effort vs energy....its the hardest I've had to work ever!!, remember scoffers..if we get it a bit wrong, its all over the papers the next day.