PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand
Thread: New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 13:36
Northern Skies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Zealand

Hi everyone, I'm looking for information about general aviation in NZ.

I am a Canadian pilot, who is stuck in an industry with abysmal job prospects. It is nearly impossible here to build hours or work under adequate conditions because of a saturated job market. Also, the majority of jobs here are seasonal. The season ends here in October, and I will be looking for work.

Are there any prospects for charter/bush pilots in NZ? Are there many float operations? Ski/mountain flying? Sightseeing, etc? I really don't care, I'll fly anything.

What is the country's position on foreign pilots? Do you have any information about visas, etc? What would be required to convert my Canadian CPL and ratings?

Do you know of anyone I should contact ie. local pilots or anyone with good advice?

What I have to offer is a calm, professional pilot who is used to extremely hard work under difficult conditions. By the end of the season i'll have about 350TT, 200 on floats, and 100 hours of serious mountain flying.(not the most seasoned, but employable and safe) I'm not looking to get rich or anything, I just want to get this career going.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers!

p.s. I think your country rocks!