PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 16th Nov 2001, 10:13
rotorfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helidrvr -
Regarding the "world's largest private heliport", I didn't ask what might make them so qualified. Maybe "private", rather than a corporation-owned skyscraper. In any event, I'm not making the claim, only relating my experience there. Although I've been a pilot 21 years, I'm a rotor rookie. It doesn't take as much to impress me as it does you. That's why my comment "I know the old-timers on this board have done it in their sleep, but it was my first try." Regardless of the accuracy of the claim, it was still a valuable experience for me.

pilotwolf-
"Go fly from Long Beach - its quieter and more accessable from LA." I wouldn't argue your point. I took the airlines into the LA area and landed at Long Beach. I was impressed (and surprised!) by how quiet the airport was. Except, of course, I noticed in a split second the R22 overhead doing circuits. Flying with HeliStream (at John Wayne), I was amazed that it wasn't a big problem for us to get back to the base, even though we arrived right at 5 P.M.
Your suggestions to Nr Fairy certainly might be better than mine. I chose HeliStream because Robinson gave me their name. I simply offered a recommendation on the only flying I've done in the LA basin. I think it's marvelous that there are so many companies to choose from. That competition helps keep the cost down for the customers!

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: rotorfan ]