PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Marshals - SAMRA
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2005, 21:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engineer

I presume you are talking about sky marshals operating into the UK on non-UK registered aircraft. Obviously these individuals could not legally possess such weapons once they had entered Britain, hence the handing over of them to the Metropolitan Police at LHR.

The company representative stated in an earlier post in this thread, "....................... the CAA did in fact veto armed air marshals for the UK, However, do now and then place air marshals from SO19 on transatlantic flights."

SO19 is of course the Firearms Unit of the Metropolitan Police. When he says, "However, do now and then place air marshals from SO19 on transatlantic flights," I presume he has missed out the word 'they' (ie the Met Police), otherwise the piece could be construed to read that xxxxx have in some way control over police officers, which scenario I find impossible to believe.

[In order to be absolutely fair to ALL I have edited ALL threads above to remove the company name and website info also since direct commercial links are also not allowed on PPrune.[

Last edited by BOAC; 29th Jun 2005 at 21:38.