PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yorkshire Air Ambulance Folded ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2001, 13:40
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

BTi,
I don't think anyone is against any company making a profit, in fact without profit no one would advance, but when it comes to the care and attention for the public at large in the UK we should have a central Government fund to provide things like the Hems Copters, Our Government can always find instant money to attack with our military might(?)some bad people in far of countries, however just the value of one Tomahawk Cruise Missile would pay all the yearly running costs of the Lancashire Hems Helicopter, how many did we fire at the *******s just of late 40 or 50 at a rough guess, just a small percent of that would cover the entire UK with enough Heli-air cover so as to allow the service to run without the constant threat of the service provider withdrawing because there is not enough "Brass in the pot". In analysis my own opinion is that if we as a Country want to play with the Big Boys, then we should be able to look after our own civvies as well, without any form of charity being used to provide what after all is a seriously useful tool to save life!
Edit??
The Asterisked word seems to have been edited by some outside influence, I did not think the the description of a poorly dressed head, would need that sort of protection or censorship, are we going PC mad!

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: Vfrpilotpb ]