PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yorkshire Air Ambulance Folded ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2001, 13:05
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yet another sensible thread on the merits of the Air Ambuance or emergency Heli service, to look after mainly us mortals who bend metal around our selve's, however, I know that I may be targeted with insults for my next line or two, But, would it not be a wiser and more cost effective system nation wide, if the Pyramidic(could be a new word) Ambulance chiefs linked up with the nearest military heli's, to then achieve total day and night cover?
I am not against any company or individual making a profit from their work, but surely 10 or 15 or even 20 % of all money raised for the current Air Ambulance Helis is taken as profit by the operating company, a simple calculation show's for example, if the op profit of the service company running the Lancahire Air Amb is 20%, then that means volunteers have to work for nearly 11 weeks to beg, and cajole money from the public just to pay the profit side for the service provider, ( I am only using known industry percents, before anyone screams that the service companies do it for 2.5%) what do others think!

[ 30 November 2001: Message edited by: Vfrpilotpb ]