PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Airways Folly
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2002, 10:21
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
No disrespect meant here, but can the gist of this be somehow condensed into one paragraph?

I realize that Mssrs. Wolf and the former Gangb**g, er, I meant Gangwal, only packaged USAirways in order to sell it to United. I had a beer next to a USAirways 757 FO (and some of his spicy nachos) in a Pittsburgh hotel a few nights ago. Either "Airways" or "Airliner" magazine claimed in a recent article that Wolf admitted, that he never had a "Plan B" (a back-up plan to strategically operate, other than very serious threats to labor) for the airline's future, in case the sale to United was turned down.

What a shame that the USAirways Board of Directors could not tempt Mr. Gordon Bethune (or another capable CEO) to leave Continental and takeover over the helm, which Mr. Wolf never planned to steer for very long.

With the huge financial guarantees contracted by Wolf for his own financial comforts, couldn't the board have found a serious airline manager, who could do something creative and sincere? . .Threatening one's workers with "outsourcing" is neither an original nor an intelligent tactic for a potential "teambuilder". Good luck out there. I hope the Werwolf never returns here, having once watched him speak in person-he thought he was a corporate General Patton, like George C. Scott with his pearl-handled revolvers. The Werwolf never did anything original, from what the old-timers said here.