PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Psychometric Testing
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2005, 01:39
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems there are 2 camps: those who did get into QF and those who didn't, and therefore the subsequant opinions.

Personally I don't agree with QF's psych and skills. The BEST aptitude / personality testing is only 74% accurate (if my memory from studies are correct). BUT, it is their bat and ball.....

I also don't agree with sitting in a group and building roads and bridges with building blocks while HR and Psych "experts" oversee you and 5 others....... Or the good cop bad cop interview technique for a "behavioural" interview session...... Let's see how much of a rise we can get out of this person idea.

Sure, screen applicants from the initial paper application and CV then use the psych and skills, interview and finally a sim ride as an entire package. Look at CX... what they say is 1000 TT but what they unofficially mean is 3000 TT with 1000 turbine. The QF arguement is money and time though.

I've flown with guys whom I would not associate with outside the workplace for any number of reasons, but as an FO have been a pleasure to work with as they know when to "switch it on".

Just curious, did John Travolta pass the psych and skills? Only reason I ask is that it was spun by QF that he passed all the testing and jumped all the numerous hoops as all QF pilots do. Just asking as I honestly don't know - not be sarcastic.

I've mates at Easterns, Sunnies, VB, QF, Brunei and CX and listened to their thoughts on respective screening systems. Interesting to hear their opinions as to where they are, what it's like and what they want to do. You'd be surprised from where they want to get out of and where they'd go if able.

End of the day, don't apply if you don't agree with the system, the pay, the aeroplane or the conditions. Sour grapes has become so goddam boring.