PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 29th Jun 2005, 01:00
Faire d'income
I call you back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US ATC

Having operated in both the States and Europe I am very disappointed to see the reaction of some of the Americans here to criticisms of KBOS and KORD. The ATC in these airports is at times astonishing and the petulence of the albeit stressed controllers is unforgiveable.

To dismiss the obvious crazy controlling by announcing " You got to bring your A game " to these busy airports shows a fundamental disregard for the bottom line in this industry, safety. How can you bring your A Game if you are new to the field or haven't been there often? What about new on type?

Once you get used to these places it is easy enought to manage without exceeding any limits or safety margins but only because you can predict some of the daft instructions coming your way.

I have never worked in ATC however these airports display the most appalling attitude to flight crews on a regular basis. The locals seem happy to accept 'edge of the envelope' clearances from angry fast talking folk that seem to think communication is a one way street.

Until our colleagues in the cockpit over there start complaining about it nothing will be done. Do we have to wait until a near-miss doesn't miss?