PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 17:04
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I missing something here???

Posted by scroggs on t & c -

"The Virgin pay deal was negotiated a couple of years ago, and involved both an increase in basic pay and the introduction of an element of productivity pay and profit-related pay. These combine to produce the Ģ13 (or so) per block hour that FNG refers to. (This figure is for FOs). The net result was an increase of around 25% in real terms over the three years of the pay deal for all VS pilots. Prior to the deal, Virgin was arguably the western world's worst-paid long haul airline (though there were other lifestyle advantages which mostly remain). That is no longer the case! The deal was negotiated by our excellent BALPA CC, with the strong backing of a 90+% BALPA membership. "

Need more facts to join???!!!

To new joiners being talked in to not joining I say this:

Do you, with a whole career in front of you, want this career of yours to become a nice one?? One where you will get a chance to build a family and have time left to spend with it?? Do you want to get your leave back, the one that was "stolen" from us and perhaps get even more leave and control over it?? Do you want to work for a "career minded" airline?? etc etc etc....
Or,
Do you want to fly 900 hours a year?? (yea, I know you donīt mind doing just that now, when you are new and have low experience, no family etc. BUT itīs NOT fun after a few years in business!!), Work so much that when you actually get time of you are to knackered to enjoy it?? Have roster changes every time you check in?? Have a staff travel not even worth talking about?? etc etc etc.....

How can this not be the easiest choice you have to make in your career?? Is it just me or what??

/CP