PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 28th Jun 2005, 07:58
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMF,

Your mate and Company probably didn't get any feedback because it's pointless for ATC to spend the time doing so, even when they review it. Perhaps the review found that your mate wasn't at an assigned speed. Maybe your mate expects an apology because maybe he thinks he's operationally perfect. But maybe your mate helped create the conflict in the first place. Maybe, your story is nonsense.
I find this point of view concerning. What you appear to be saying that a review could find an error on the part of the pilot, and this would make it a non ATC error, and that therefore there would be no point sharing the findings of the review with the company in question.

Most folks I fly with are all to aware of their own ability to make an error and would welcome the feedback to see what mistake they had made in order to avoid repetition. Thats the whole point of a safety reporting process surely. Or am I missing something?

CPB