PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My ATC's better (spit & scratchfest)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 04:47
AMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaxAlt

You've missed the point entirely...again. The fact is, if your mate responded to an RA and had to abandon the approach, no doubt an review was done. If he had the other aicraft visually and there was no conflict or in fact only got a TA, then it sounds like he's just upset he didn't have the entire sky to himself. In Class B airspace, the Cherokee was under positive control with a verified VFR assigned altitude 500' above your mate who in turn was established on an ILS, then what's the problem except for his nervousness?

Perhaps he flies into the U.S. with the same pre-concieved notions fostered by the "enlightened" armchair controllers in the UK as how to handle heavy volumes of traffic they have no experience with, or ever will? As you say, it was legal, and I dismiss your assertion that it was stupid. I have too much experience operating into and out of JFK, BOS, EWR, LGA, ORD, ATL and the like to worry about such trifling things.

As mentioned before. The FAA, NTSB, and OIG investigate incidents that are safety concerns, not to mention whistleblower follow-ups. They always have. Those sounding on this board sounds like they've just discovered something new, that "needs to be investitgated". A call to action for the U.S. to investigate these things! Never have I seen so many straw men mowed down just for people to flog away at something they don't understand or know how it operates with checks reviews, let alone use with any great frequency.

Oh, and I didn't "blame your mate for his incident" although it's convenient for you to assign me that in order for you to question my qualifications as a pilot. Actually, his whole "big, scary" situation sounds like an non-incident to me. He's just not used to busy airspace. Funny though, that this reveals you think pilots should automatically blame someone else....stick together if you will. If they don't...well, then they're obviously not a pilot!

What rot. About as much rot as your mate being the only one on an approach at JFK. Funny, that's never happened to me.