PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coriolis flannel
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2001, 07:41
offshoreigor

Cool

Lu:

You said:

"but the Brits have a really neat way of irritating Americans in that they make a positive statement and then ask you if their point of view is correct. The Americans find this off-putting and if the American disagrees with what the Brit said, an argument ensues."

You have to understand that the "Brits" as you refer to my commonwealth brothers, have something that 99% of you "Yanks" will never have, a sense of humour.

I think if you read they're threads more carefully, you will find that there is a genuine knowledge of the subject at hand, balanced with a keen wit which seems to go over your head at about FL350.

All personal attacks aside Lu, you have to learn the concept of restraint when it comes to replying to these posts. You need to realize when you are crossing the line from contributing to a subject or just feeding your own ego. I think this is the common feeling here when you get involved in a post.

Cheers, OffshoreIgor

PS. Less is more in this case.

PPS. By the way Lu, I hear they give an extra 30 points on the Immigration Score if you have a sense of humour and subtract 100 points if you don't. Could this be the reason for the long wait? Hmmmm, interesting.

[This message has been edited by offshoreigor (edited 27 January 2001).]