PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - medical exam and question
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 18:14
petitepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under no circumstances should you lie about either, but for two different reasons. It doesn't matter whether or not you disclose the eye surgery because you will always have scars which are easily visible during an eye exam. Not disclosing this will probably automatically disqualify you. I don't know what Cathay's policies are but in the US you have to wait six months and be signed off by an FAA examiner. I've never heard of a case where someone was disqualified as long as their eyes are healthy post surgery. The pneumonia should not be detectable or disqualifying unless you have scarring on your lungs. I don't think they'll do that kind of test at the interview. However, if you used sick time at your job it may be on your record. It would suck to get hired and then fired when they run your background check. Bottom line, you have this history and there is nothing you can or should do but go interview with a great POSITIVE attitude. I wouldn't bring up either of these things unless asked directly. Then I would answer matter-of-factly with no embellishment and move on. If not questioned by the Doctor, you might ask others for opinions about asking the Dr. if either would disqualify you. That way, if you get turned down you can narrow the reasons why. Best of luck!!!