PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why pay $75,000?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 17:09
Rich-Fine-Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Lancer*
The way the current fees have risen, and with future rises as well - A med student starting next year, and studing 4-5 years will indeed spend that amount.

In addition, an Australian who wishes to take up a 'fee paying place' will be slugged $30K per year for a Vet science undergrad degree. Thats $120+K!. A 'fee paying' arts student will pay $15K p.a.! (Uni of Sydney web site)

Actually *Lancer*, I don't give a toss if some degrees are cheaper than flying or if Doctors have a better chance at securing a job - the underlying message is that success does not come easy for anyone regardless of profession.

BTW: A first year doctor works his or her arse off to even get a place in an undergrad course, will then study like hell to keep up and then be 'lucky' enough to walk into a job at an inner city hospital - working night shift 70-80 hours per week for 40K pa.

I have worked with and employed some real hardworking Pilots over the years (and some lazy ones!) but none, including myself have ever worked 70-80 hours per week.

Instead of BS about different professions - How about some comments now to Paul56 and his questions.......