PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR going out to contract.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 16:57
exleckie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1a

I haven't missed the point of this thread (considering that I started it!). What you may have missed is that over the course of the last few weeks, a lively debate about the possibilities of the future of SAR from different standings and viewpoints has ensued.

Engineering wise, no corners have been cut. The two engineers employed were brought on board eons ago. This was in reply to Crabs comment that he believed the establishment had been upped to maintain serviceability levels.

As far as saving money is concerned, read previous posts, plus, because of the initial investments made on said contract by the civ company, costs are kept down whilst allowing customer driven development programmes to run alongside at minimum cost.

As for flying / working after lunch time is concerned, well, it simply is not true. Maybe it's true for all the daisies out there but not for the operation and other shifties on station.

SARREMF.

You are correct and I agree wholeheartedly that the word PARTNERSHIP should be understood more.

Exleckie

PS Sorry if I sounded too corporate there, I am beginning to disgust myself

Last edited by exleckie; 27th Jun 2005 at 19:37.