PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pinnacle Airlines aircraft incident
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 16:51
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lomapaseo

How right you are.
I had said "Blame whomever YOU like! If that's what this is all about?" This isn't exclusively about blame but blame will definitely be apportioned.

I can only imagine how many pilots out there are pulling these kinds of stunts off on a regular basis out of ignorance. Not just on the CRJ either.
Scary, isn't it?

There are definitely systemic problems in this disaster. Chiefly, training. What these individuals lacked will surface. I have no doubt.

As a TRI on the CRJ I am appauled by the number of students showing up for training who are so lacking in 'jet aerodynamics' knowledge (to name just one area) it's unbelievable. These people think all they have to do is listen and learn.

How do they deal with the things they don't know? Do they not want to use their own initiative to seek out what it is about the things they don't know? Ask questions? Read? Share their experiences?

Perhaps. Perhaps not.
It's easier to BLAME someone else for these shortcomings and deficiencies.
Not that it should be news either.

You can bet the NTSB will have a lot to say about regional airline and training center cirriculum when this investigation is over. We might even see a change in those FAA written exams if all goes according to Hoyle.
Maybe it's time to do some actual learning instead of memorizing answers from some huge database.
The knowledge otherwise gained might come in handy on a dark and dreary night.

Maybe that's a good thing.