PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - medical exam and question
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 15:29
mpflis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
medical exam and question

I have an upcoming first interview with Cathay. It has been a period of intense study, and anxiety. I have some questions regarding the medical questionnaire, and if someone could enlighten me as to their policies or their situation it would be greatly appreciated. I will not hide or lye about any part of my medical history; however, i would like to know if I will be at a huge disadvantage to others coming in with "clean" records. I had PRK which is a procedure similar to lasic, to reshape the cornea of my eye and thus remove the necessity of wearing glasses. This was done in 1997, and my vision is still 20/20. How does Cathay view these procedures and has anyone been hired who had them done prior to joining? I also had a chest xray this past year, which turned out to be walking pnuemonia. Nothing serious, just put on antibiotics. What a great time for this to happen considering i hadnt been to see the doctor in over 5 years! I am generally physically fit and very active. I hope that these things do not disqualify me, for i am a very healthy person; however, if i was to leave them off the questionnaire, i would be worried 24/7 that they might arise somewhere later down the road, and the consequences are much too steep. Please respond ASAP for my interview is coming quickly. Thanks ahead of time!