PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 12:31
jbrereton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAR

One assumes that BP and the Oil unions have been in on the Risk Assessment of this whole JIGSAW setup. If they are happy with the outcome then so should you be as they are the ones it affects the most.

I believe the turnaround for the SAR crews offshore will be one week offshore, one week onshore and one week off or mix up as you will. Again one would assume that the powers that be realise that a pilot who has been away for a period of time would need to go with a current pilot to get refreshed.

I do not know anything about the shuttling plans at present and so cannot comment, but give me time, I do know alot of people.

As regard the blurb on locations and the fourth ship, I do not know as I obtained that from the BP web page and I am asking myself the same question but again give me time and I will find out.

Yes I do get alot of Christmas cards but do not always reply so do not bother sending one.

You are all on about shuttling and what if it has to ditch. Well there are fast rescue craft on the rigs and Standby boats. The aircraft has floats and dinghies. If the aircraft had a problem doing a shuttle then it would have a problem on a rescue mission.

What if while shuttling there were a call out.
I would imagine the shuttling if it is taking place would be over short distances and could drop off any passengers very quickly, quicker in fact than starting up from scratch.

But please carry on as I do like a good discussion as those that have flown with me know.