PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 27th Jun 2005, 10:19
AMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Danny, that some of us responded to IDunno's broad-brushstroke, extrapolated Yank-bashing drawn from one incident. Since you've removed my post, and I'm neither "IDunno" or "West Coast", I can only assume you consider me to be one of the "tag-along spotter experts" you've referred to.

(25+ years of pilot operations in the U.S., Europe, Africa, and Middle East notwithstanding...10 years based outside the U.S).

I see, however, that IDunno's rants still grace the thread, non-deleted. In just his latest post (which also remains), he's stated that U.S. controllers "lose their head", that they "abuse pilots every day", and that "infastructurally U.S. airports are 3rd world". And let's not forget his emboldened inference that they can't speak English.

And this coming from someone who's experience with U.S. airports is obviously limited to a very few and only occasionally, and I surmise his experience in general as well, given his obvious consternation at the whole thing. Yet he is supposedly so "expert" and "non-xenophobic" and posts "offer something for debate" that his they remain?

Most humorous, was his wailing (or rather, whining) assertion that this was a "Yank-dominated thread", because his initial Yank-bashing rants illicited responses.

Sorry Danny, but when someone like IDunno is asserting with psuedo-authority to whoever in the public is choosing to read this thread that the entire U.S. ATC system is DANGEROUS, UNSAFE, AND ASKING HIM TO DO THINGS HIS AIRCRAFT CAN'T DO, then he'll be called on his B.S. THE STATISTICAL FACTS REGARDOMG AIRCRAFT MOVEMENTS AND ATC-GENERATED ACCIDENTS DO NOT BEAR IDUNNO'S ASSERTIONS OUT.

Yet, his posts containing these imaginary, derogatory, and scare-mongering statements....remain. They remain for the traveling public to read.

Danny, when you delete posts for what you see as perpetuating conflict, why don't you delete the source that generates the whole affair, especially when it's nothing more than a thinly-veiled, pro-nationalistic attempt to scare the public?