PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 26th Jun 2005, 21:28
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
***WARNING***

Just to save a few of the posters on this thread from what apparently could lead to a coronary ailment, it was I who deleted some of the more petty posts. It obviously doesn't take a lot for some of you to feel aggrieved by the mere mention of an incident and then having someone who is obviously unable to hold back the emotional stress of having his or her countrymen maligned compare their own nationals method of controlling aircraft.

It is shameful the way some of you so called 'professionals' can descend into petty, xenophobic rants. This thread was starting to look like a catfight between Idunno, West Coast and a 'tag-along' bunch of spotter 'experts' on 'ATC for Dummies'. For heavens sake, just try counting to 10 before typing in your replies if something has 'offended' your sensibilities. Losing the plot and replying with infantile comparisons and slurs isn't going to win any arguments.

There are a lot of sensible replies on here which show the maturity, professionalism and experience of the posters. ATC is different at every single airport I fly into. Some are better than others but there's no way I'd spit my dummy out and paint every controller and their system with one broad brush. This US vs UK or Euro willy waving by a few posters on here is embarrassing and extremely petty and childish. Obviously some of you have never tried to get into some Greek, Turkish, Spanish, African airports when there are more than a few a/c arriving at the same time and there is CB activity, low vis and terrain to deal with. Euro bucket and spade brigade pilots have a lot to deal with too without some of the horror stories the main antagonists in this thread are trying to use to trash the others ATC system and controllers.

Debate the pros and cons of the BOS system by all means. Use comparisons with other airports, anywhere in the world. Just remember that if you are going to soil your pants with insults and petty xenophobic rants then you will be wasting your time as I will just delete the posts that serve only to inflame and provide nothing to the debate.