PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Townsville, WHAT THE........
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2005, 10:45
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few things need to be made clearer.

SQ was clearly behind NZ with several members on their board knowing that NZ was so ruptured that it would buy AN without doing due diligence when instructed to by SQ.

The 767 LAME incident was caused by falsification and/or loss of records on what needed to be done and when, and specifically was driven by disenfranchised LAMEs who were not happy with their lot in life. The Airline's problem indeed, but a malicious inside job.

SQ is smelling of roses nowadays, and that is just what the Lion intended. Not to lose face.

Ansett had to be collapsed totally and reborn, or the alternative was to remove the top 3 layers of management. Guess which was cheaper.

This would have all worked fine if a bunch of ragheads had not flown aeroplanes into stationary structures 2 days before the collapse, which incidentally had been advise to United Nations field operatives 2 weeks beforehand.

This is a many headed beast that has driven all of our lives in many unplanned directions.

Hang in there sportsfans. It aint over yet.

If it gets as bad again I am going to load my 20 year old Z car with clothes and fuel and do my own personal Route 66.

Best regards

EWL