PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA crew test positive for alcohol (Sentences)
Old 25th Jun 2005, 21:59
TRISTAR1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of a world are we moving towards.

I retired from line flying afew years ago, and although I am still fit and a licence holder, there is no way I would go back to line flying no matter what the pay.

6 on 3 off rosters, buy your own type rating and go on your hands and knees to some HR girl for a job.

I am training newbies now and I can not understand for the life of me why anyone would want to work for an airline.

The new drink laws mean that what little social life there was is now forbidden. For the whole summer and winter season any crew member that goes to the bar is crazy and now if any Captain hears that any of his crew has been he has got to ground the aircraft and breath test the lot.

If all that rant and rave here about the responsibility turned their attention to the NHS we would not have an operational hospital in the country and what about trains, buses, nuclear power stations, chemical plants, oil refineries to name a few. All those staff have as much responsibilty as any airline pilot. Does it matter the number of people you kill.

There has not been one accident that I am aware of where booze was a contributory factor.

If all you politically correct people out there carry on like this you will not have an aviation industry. Where are you going to get your pilots?

Air fares are going to rocket, because if a pilot is going to live like a hermit he is going to want a pretty large salary. I for one would not like my 'driver' to be a person that doesnt drink (ever) doesnt smoke and cant have a laugh. Would he pass the pysch test?

RIP the likes of Dan Air, Laker, Air Europe, Ansett, Pan Am and all the other good employers.