PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Scools in YVR
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 21:45
McDoo the Irish Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. 3 Hole lover;

Paranoid...perhaps a little. Have you read AVCANADA lately?..it's a disgrace to our profession and our nation. I haven't been to AEFORUM since they began to charge money, but if it's still what it was like last year when I left...see what I mean? Remember jetsgosucks.com?
At first it is seemingly innocent enough to offer one's opinion of a flight school or an airline, or aircraft manufacturer. But what happens if Robert Milton and Clive Beddoe decide to post up their respective opinion of their own airlines...advertise for themselves in effect....for free. Before long they'll be offering their thoughts on the other guys airline and pretty soon its a slugfest.
A very slippery slope indeed.
I implore everyone to help maintain the integrity of PPRUNE and consequently , our profession, by thinking about what they post and following the posting guidelines. (Which I will post right here as soon as I can find them)
PPRUNE has 100 000 members, it is large enough to be considered part of the infrastructure of the aviation community.
The press, politicians, passengers, lawyers and captains of industry come here when they need information you should be able to stand by what you say in front of these people.
Canadians are rightfully proud of their respect for the rule of law and the freedoms it allows us..please continue to act like Canadians here.
I will not allow the third world internet antics of other Canadian forums to occur here.

By the way...nice handle..I'm partial to the ones with three holes myself

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean no one is out to get you.

Aloyious H. McDooi