PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future rotorcraft control systems
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 18:49
maxtork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graviman,

I think there are a number of ways to make this set up work. We could use the swashplate as usual for cyclic and collective pitch control. Or we could use the swashplate and pitch links for cyclic control only and use the hub spring tension for collective. I'm not sure at this point which would be easier. Either way the weight assembly that is controlling the pitch is balanced between the two sets of springs, so if we change either one we upset the balance and get the required pitch response.

If we think of the hub springs as being pinched between the gyroscopic weight assembly on one side and a floating plate within the mast on the other side. If we move the plate up and down we can change the tension of the spring and therefore the balance which sets the pitch. So in the flare we can lower the floating plate and lower the tension of the springs which would allow high pitch anlges with low rotor RPM.

I hope my ramblings make a bit of sense. I can maybe try to work out some animations of some sort to explain it all better. I really think this whole thing could work and be a bennefit.

Max