PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pinnacle Airlines aircraft incident
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 18:46
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mr. hec7or:

I just read your post with great interest – particularly the title of your post and your last sentence. I can’t imagine the frustration you must be feeling right now. Had someone listened to your account, the circumstances leading up to the Pinnacle accident would have been – should have been – avoided. I hope that you’ll take a copy of the Pinnacle accident report and send it to the folks who (from your description) very politely told you to go pound sand – and ask them if they remember your conversation! This business is much too much dependent on accurate and timely information to be able to dismiss such harrowing accounts with polite “chit chat.”

I’m not rated on the CRJ200, but I’m told that the bleed air configuration is pretty complicated and if it is not set up right, restarting an engine would be next to impossible. Another situation that has gone unnoticed for much too long. It’s practical knowledge – borne of experience – such as these accounts that could make the difference between a boring, uneventful repositioning flight, and not coming home to your wife and kids!

I hope that everyone reading this information on this thread takes a moment to evaluate what is heard and recounted, and for the sake of untold numbers of wives and kids, passes it along to their colleagues and anyone / everyone else who will listen! If we can't depend on such information being disseminated through proper channels -- then it must be disseminated through alternate means!

_________
AirRabbit