PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ditching a helicopter: (incl pictures)
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2001, 06:26
Nick Lappos

hoverbover,

Don't go on so, test pilots are very human and screw up more often than they care to admit. We have a fun job, but in the end it is the users like you that are King, because all we in the manufacturing and governmental testing work for is to get you in a safe, efficient machine.

The real "Gods" are those who use the machines every day, in the North Sea, in rescue squadrons at godforsaken places, in police work, wire stringing, military missions and the like. I stood at the seawall at Peterhead in Scotland and watched the S-61's and 76's go out in a gale with the wind blowing the rain sideways at me, and I was driven to tears with the thrill of knowing that those guys do it EVERY day and EVERY night, and they make it look easy!

Now, regarding Lu's insessant bull about floats and precession being different that boat hulls, I will not debate with him, he is like the science fiction creature who thrives on the things you use to stop him. In his case it is pedantic debate about his crackpot theories that feeds him!

I hereby quit discussing this with him.
Folks out there, his assertions about precession and water landings are pure poppycock, period. No debate, email me if you want more logical thoughts as to why, I don't share these thoughts with Lu, as it will make him step on some Japanese trains like Godzilla, and I don't want that to happen!