PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Collision at BOS between Aer Lingus and US Air
Old 25th Jun 2005, 15:48
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done so far. I haven't seen this much cock waving round here for ages.

411A has made a somewhat throw away comment that sums the whole thing up perfectly:

Just 'different' than at most large American air carrier airports.
THE SYSTEMS ARE DIFFERENT!!!

From what I have seen here in North America (I'm including Canada and the US), there are several things that would have a UK controller wide eyed and shaking their head (The use of non-standard R/T just just scratching the surface). In the UK there are things done there that IMHO seem very archaic and almost analy retentive (the London TMA has evolved into a huge mess that needs a fire hose put through it).

BUT to sit here and read comments like "If you haven't brought your A game, go away".........what an absolute crock. You call yourselves professionals???? Professional nappy soilers at the moment.

I'll drop a little hint. Actual numbers of movements isn't the sole indicator to how busy or complex an airport is. Lack of airspace, proximity of other airfields, local training.........these are just some factors. Some poor controller in a tower,nowhere may very well be working like a one armed paper hangar with circit bashers, water bombers and alike without a single pax jet in sight. And giving the best damn service he can.

Go give your heads a shake.