PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Property Rights Under Attack in the USA
Old 25th Jun 2005, 04:48
Heli-Ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS

All for the sake of nature preservation isn't it?

Did you really think that these people have a slight sense of business? Or maybe some good ethics?

The question is why don't they just take the full step and ban helicopters for good? As you know they are ugly, noisy, pollute a lot, very expensive to operate, irritate jealous neighbours, dangerous to the public, environmental unfriendly and I can go on and on....

Most of the reg makers hate heli's until they need one in case they have an accident. Then they will cry for more funding for the EMS sector, better helicopters for passenger transport, more and better heliports and I can go and on about this also.

Luckily, we don't have many heliports here in Iceland and that fact mostly eliminates our concerns of having to face bills like this in the nearest future. However we might be banned from flying inside our national parks? You know these parks are just for the part of the nation that likes to walk around and inside them.

My view from the middle of the Atlantic.
Heli-Ice