PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo Trip to France
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2005, 23:27
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to know what bpilatus considers 2D's "place" is!

There are so many things to say about the services and kindnesses offered by 2D to the GA community at large and his friends in particular, that it is impossible to know where to start.

Maybe just one story. When my parents and I had our ditching in Scotland, before even the Press, my sister or wife knew where we were, 2D had found the hospital, found the ward and its extension number, and was on the phone, while I was still shaking from hypothermia, asking what time we wanted him in Dundee in his 421 the next day. That is typical of the man, and is only one example of many I could tell.

2D's knowledge of air law, procedures, airmanship and systems across continents and types is extraordinary. If he makes a comment about WB's self-inflicted workload and how it might be reduced for the sake of her own and others' safety there is only one answer...

"Thank you."

Not accusations of being a Poppus spoilsport, or whatever.

It is a long time since I last bothered to venture onto PPRuNe. I left because of an atmosphere of arrogance and p1ssing competitions, and only looked at this thread because my attention was drawn to it by a parallel thread on Flyer.

It serves neatly to remind me why I left.