PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why pay $75,000?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2005, 13:54
ROCKSTEADY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry buddy,

Dont have that info for ya. But if your looking for advice, I think anyone thats willing to outlay $70,000 without the guarantee of a job in this day and age has either:

1. Not really researched the industry properly, or is choosing to ignore it completely...Or,

2. Is filthy rich.

Why bother, its not worth it anymore, you'll be lucky to find a job that pays more than that these days after about four years of hard work, then you’ll have to fork out another 30 g's just to get it. Not to mention, if there is another Airborne Disease Outbreak, Tsunami, War or any other downturn that will affect this highly volatile industry, you can push your goal posts back another 5 years.

Oh and by the way the price of petrol is going, and the rampage CASA is on, in three years, you can forget about flying piston twins cause there will be very very few left in this country!!!

I say, start a business with that money mate!!!!!!!!!

Work for yourself, when you want how you want and earn a **** load more!!!!!!!!!!!! You can always fly on the side to kill those burning desires.

Otherwise if you wanna stick it out and ignore my advice, don’t turn into a whinging bitch and don’t let the alcohol turn you into a brawling banana bashing gin jockey.

Have you ever thought about becoming a fighter pilot??

If the Airforce wont accept you, then maybe Qantas will!!!!