PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Go For A Type
Thread: I Go For A Type
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2005, 08:58
tschierv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentleman,

Just starting my first flying job (completed integrated ab-initio fATPL in 2003, 184 hours today with 15 ME) but having spent almost 10 years in the industry, let me explain you my point of few:

It might be your dream to fly an A320 which you can fulfil by paying. The day will come, when you have to stop paying and guess what, the next guy on the list will pay. You are out of the job! Assuming you bought your way to the RHS, do you see a lot of fun, when every pax behind you paid less for that trip than you and you can’t even collect miles!!! What are you going to do, if your company changes equipment to a 737, you pay again? It might also be your dream to be Capt. on this A/C, are you going to pay again for some hours as CM1?
By spending all that money, you will never brake even and you guys have no idea what it means to increase your debts daily, more and more until your bank stops this deadly process. Not exactly a bright prospect!

The worst of all, you are not only bringing yourself into great distress, but all others working in this industry as well. Thanks!

Spaceman, sorry to say that:

"Who they would hire: me with a type rating or you with no type rating?"

In my case, they took me, so think about it!

You only have to be patient. You will find a job with correct conditions sooner or later.
Lots of luck to you all!