PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To KA or NOT?
Thread: To KA or NOT?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2005, 15:54
flap relief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To KA or Not

Command training at KA is an enigma. It is built up into something that breeds fear/anxiety for potential canditates, partly because it is available very quickly to some, and partly because of rumour and innuendo that trickle down from both those who have succeeded and those who have missed out.

I do not believe CT should be the basis for applying for/accepting a job at KA. If you have been offered a job at KA and you believe you (and more importantly your wife) can live as an expatriate in Asia then it is a very good option given what else is on offer.

If you have enough options to not consider one of the best in the current climate for experienced drivers then I admire your position.

One of the significant factors at KA when it comes to CT is the broad range of nationalities involved. I acknowledge this is not unusual in the modern airline business but at KA we are trying to create commanders in two years from vastly different career paths as well as very different backgrounds.

Am I missing the point here? You are joining as an F/O. If you make the grade you will become a commander. The grade will always be subjective no matter which company you join.