PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - June / September courses
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2005, 09:39
finetime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Housing???

In response to Taffy: I've recently been told to expect a start towards the end of September. They can't provide an exact date as yet but were definitely hinting towards the last week or so of the month!

A quick question of my own:

After reading various threads on here, i'd got the impression that it wasn't a good idea to commit to renting a house/flat whilst in bournemouth due to the uncertainty of exactly how long you will be there during your training. Hence you could end up committing yourself to a 6 or 12 month contract only to find that for half of it you won't actually be in Bournemouth. There was various talk about living in B&B's etc.

Having just spoken to HR they, on the otherhand, informed me that it is adviseable to sort out rented accommodation in Bournemouth before you arrive. Hence my dilema!!

What have all you guys on the June course done? Have you all signed contracts on houses/flats? Have any of you got together and arranged shared houses?
Does anyone know of any good letting agents etc or decent areas to rent in?

I'm a little confused by this whole affair and could do with a bit of advice from those who have just, or recently, gone through this!

Cheers