PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Burman Aviation Group sold
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2001, 23:44
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppheli

From a variety of places.
Sometimes, like this one, the info comes from a Press Release.
Also, like everyone else, I also pick up rumours/gossip in the industry. I then check them out on the websites of regional/local newspapers. eg A rumour about South Yorkshire Police appealing for money to buy a new helicopter, was confirmed on the Yorkshire Post website.

I am keen to get helicopter pilots from as many countries as possible contributing to Rotorheads, so I sometimes search for stories about helicopters on the websites of foreign newspapers.
Many of the sites have a 'search' function - Enter 'helicopter', click and see what happens!

eg The story about Sikorsky helping the WTC rescue operation came from (I think) the New York Times website. I assumed helicopters would be helping in some way or other and did a search.

Often, the news items posted on Rotorheads don't get any replies because there's nothing useful to add, but I'm told that lots of people find the stories interesting and even useful some times!

Try a search when you've got a few minutes to spare.
All TV stations and large newspapers have websites. If you see something which may interest other Rotorheads - post it as a news item!

Heliport

[ 06 November 2001: Message edited by: Heliport ]