PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landing...
Thread: Hard Landing...
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2005, 18:04
3holelover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets be clear please, I called no one a liar. If you read again, you'll see that I was very careful not to. Either that story is a fabrication OR the ankle injury was not reported immediately, as it should have been.

...as for this: "Does someone really have to die to make you ok with that term?" .... when it comes to flying, yes! It's a tricky business Mr. Savage. It's not like jumping in a car, or riding a bus... and a "crash" has disasterous consequences.

Have you not been paying attention? Do you think the phrase "any landing you can walk away from is a good one" is a joke? Have you ever really given any thought to what has to go right in order to get an airplane from 500 kts at 35000 ft. down to zero on the ground? Happily, aviation wizards have got it all down to a fine art and the vast majorioty of the time, it all does go right... sometimes though, there are degrees of not so right... up to, and including times when not everyone walks away. That's exactly why that phrase is no joke.